Burning Question: How can I effectively communicate with designers?
Monday 3 December 2012 | Jessica KornfeindNo Comments
We want to make sure that our processes are as easy as possible for both our customers and designers. There’s a long list of questions in the FAQ section of our website, but we thought it would be helpful to highlight the most popular queries here.
How can I effectively communicate with designers?
The answer is:
This question is not to be confused with, “How do I communicate with designers?” Effectively communicating with the designers is an entirely different battle.
Since most of our designers are around the world and to many English is not their first language, there are a few things to consider when sending a private message or commenting on their work. By following these guidelines, you’ll be closer to the design you have always desired:
- Use clear words. Avoid any slang or large, intricate wording.
- Provide examples. Say you’re trying to achieve a certain color, provide the hex code or a URL that showcases that color.
- Honestly, the more details the better. Some words translate differently in other languages, be sure to be detailed in your requests.
- Try touse bullet points when trying to describe what you’re looking for.
- Don’t be afraid to tell them what you like and don’t like. They us this feedback to mold their designs into what you are looking for.
For additional questions, please contact our support team or tweet us @MycroBurst!